Welcome to the digital hub for all things Central Davidson High School! Central Davidson is a school steeped in rich tradition, and our goal is to have this site reflect those traditions. However, we are also a school moving forward to offer a strong 21st Century education for each of our students. It is our goal to have our website provide students, parents, staff, and community members with information and tools to promote growth for the school community as we strive to graduate all students college, career and life ready!
News Updates and Quick Information
Click the icon below to hear our latest weekly announcement.
Read the 2016-27 Student Handbook
New to the Central Area? New Student Enrollment will be August 18, 19, 23, 24, and 25, from 9 am - 3 pm.
Parking: Access information about student parking for the 2016-17 school year, and fill out the online parking registration form HERE. Renewal is required every year.
Attention Honors/AP English students and parents: Access Honors/AP English summer assignments HERE
- If you have tried to call the school over the last few days, all phones in Davidson County are experiencing difficulty due to a recent software update. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you call the school and cannot get through, feel free to call our Central office at 336-249-8182 and asked to be transferred to Central High.
- Freshman Bootcamp: On Thursday, August 25, we will host our annual Spartan Bootcamp for all rising freshmen. Ninth graders only will meet in our gym at 8 am to receive schedules and go over important information. After 8, students will visit their homeroom and each class so that they become familiar with the school. Parents are then invited at 11:30 for our closing session. Again, this time is for 9th graders only. Parents and other friends are invited at 11:30.
- Our first day of classes will be Monday, August 29. All students will report to homeroom to receive important information and their finalized schedule. As you look on PowerSchool, pay careful attention to not only whose homeroom you are in, but also their room number. We had many switches over the summer, so many teachers are not in the same classrooms they were in last year. Because we have had so many changes over the summer, we will have our student government officers helping students find their way of the first day. Please ask one of these student leaders should you be unsure of where to go!
- Students are reminded that dress code begins day one. Shorts should have a 5 inch or longer inseam. Please be sure you are dressed appropriately each day of school, as it takes time out of both the student and parent's day should we have to get additional clothing.
- Buses: If you are riding a bus this year, please be out at your stops early during the first week. We advise you to be at your stop 10-15 minutes earlier than you were at the end of last year.
- Free/Reduced Lunches: Students who receive free or reduced lunch will still receive their benefits from last year. However, the benefits from last year do not carry over for very long. Parents, be sure to have completed your application for this year so your child can eat each day! You can complete an application online at https://goo.gl/dgqRXJ, or print the form from the document section of the DCS school nutrition website at: http://www.davidson.k12.nc.us/departments/schoolnutrition/document_manager/. Paper applications will also be available in the CDHS main office. For further information, please see this brochure from the School Nutrition Department.
- If you have moved over the summer, you will need to come into the school to update your mailing address. In order to change your address you will need to provide two proofs of residency in our district.
- Athletics is already in full swing at Central Davidson. Please visit our athletic website cdathletics.org to find our most current schedules.
- Schedule Changes: We will allow rising 10th through 12th graders to request schedule changes for the following reasons: your child is placed in a course they did not register for, your child has already passed the course, or your child failed a course that is a prerequisite. We will not be able to honor requests for teacher changes, changes to an assigned period, or changes simply because you have changed your mind over the summer. We plan our entire master schedule around what students chose in the spring, so it is very difficult to accommodate many changes at this time.
- Reminder: Text the message @cdhsinfo to the number 81010 to start receiving important announcements via your phone!
- Reminder: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @CDHSSPARTANS. Please review and follow our social media guidelines HERE.
Additional Information for Students and Parents
- Athletics: For information for athletes, including insurance, as well as a schedule of upcoming athletic events, visit the Central Davidson athletics website and click on the calendar. You may also register here and on the ScheduleStar websites to set up alerts and select the teams you want to follow.
- Attendance Policy: Please be aware that any absences over 8 can result in loss of credit since DCS no longer allows students to make up missed days.
- Grading Policy: CLICK HERE for detailed information about our district-wide grading policy.
- Parent Portal: Parents may keep up with their student's academic progress and attendance through PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Parents, you must come by the office during school hours to request a code that will give you access to this resource.
- Student Portal: Students can also keep track of their grades and attendance by logging into PowerSchool's Student Portal under the Parents/Students section of the webpage. Students should have received their login and password information from their first period teachers; students who do not have a first period class can get this information from any of their classroom teachers.
- Seniors: A letter regarding information about the start of school was mailed home July 26; you can access that letter HERE. Also access the 2016-17 Graduation Handbook, with important senior dates for the 2016-17 school year, HERE.
- Writing Help for Students: Our English department offers "Writing Workshops" multiple times each week for students to receive help on writing assignments and essays. Calendars are available in each English teacher's room, but you can also click HERE to view a Google document showing available spots (you must be logged into a DCS email account to view). Students should reserve a spot with the teacher ahead of time and bring a writing assignment to work on.