Welcome to the digital hub for all things Central Davidson High School! Central Davidson is a school steeped in rich tradition, and our goal is to have this site reflect those traditions. However, we are also a school moving forward to offer a strong 21st Century education for each of our students. It is our goal to have our website provide students, parents, staff, and community members with information and tools to promote growth for the school community as we strive to graduate all students college, career and life ready!
News Updates and Quick Information
New to the Central Area? New Student Enrollment will be August 18, 19, 23, 24, and 25, from 9 am - 3 pm.
Parking: Access information about student parking for the 2016-17 school year, and fill out the online parking registration form HERE. Renewal is required every year.
Attention Honors/AP English students and parents: Access Honors/AP English summer assignments HERE
- Free & Reduced Lunches: Letters were mailed last week to parents of students who have been directly certified for free or reduced meals. As of now, our new program for online applications is open. If a parent is in need of a free and reduced lunch form, they can complete an application online at https://goo.gl/dgqRXJ, or print the form from the document section of the DCS school nutrition website at: http://www.davidson.k12.nc.us/departments/schoolnutrition/document_manager/. Paper applications will also be available in the CDHS main office.
- Report Cards were mailed June 27. Click HERE for more info.
- Reminder: Text the message @cdhsinfo to the number 81010 to start receiving important announcements via your phone!
- Reminder: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @CDHSSPARTANS. Please review and follow our social media guidelines HERE.
Additional Information for Students and Parents
- Athletics: For information for athletes, including insurance, as well as a schedule of upcoming athletic events, visit the Central Davidson athletics website and click on the calendar. You may also register here and on the ScheduleStar websites to set up alerts and select the teams you want to follow.
- Attendance Policy: Please be aware that any absences over 8 can result in loss of credit since DCS no longer allows students to make up missed days.
- Grading Policy: CLICK HERE for detailed information about our district-wide grading policy.
- Parent Portal: Parents may keep up with their student's academic progress and attendance through PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Parents, you must come by the office during school hours to request a code that will give you access to this resource.
- Student Portal: Students can also keep track of their grades and attendance by logging into PowerSchool's Student Portal under the Parents/Students section of the webpage. Students should have received their login and password information from their first period teachers; students who do not have a first period class can get this information from any of their classroom teachers.
- Writing Help for Students: Our English department offers "Writing Workshops" multiple times each week for students to receive help on writing assignments and essays. Calendars are available in each English teacher's room, but you can also click HERE to view a Google document showing available spots (you must be logged into a DCS email account to view). Students should reserve a spot with the teacher ahead of time and bring a writing assignment to work on.