Welcome to the digital hub for all things Central Davidson High School! Central Davidson is a school steeped in rich tradition, and our goal is to have this site reflect those traditions. However, we are also a school moving forward to offer a strong 21st Century education for each of our students. It is our goal to have our website provide students, parents, staff, and community members with information and tools to promote growth for the school community as we strive to graduate all students college, career and life ready!
News Updates and Quick Information
Click the icon below to hear our latest weekly announcement.
Students, to watch the daily announcements, click HERE.
Read the 2016-17 Student Handbook
Open House: Tuesday, September 27 we will host our Open House from 6 to 8 pm. This is a "floating" open house in that parents come at the most convenient time for them between 6 and 8. Our Student Services will host a session at 6 and 6:30 on study skills, college admissions and suicide prevention. The public library will also be set up in the media center for anyone - parent or student - who may need a library card. Be sure to bring a copy of your child's schedule so you know which classrooms to visit!
Progress reports will be sent home on Wednesday for any student who was not able to pick theirs up on Tuesday evening. Parents, should you have any questions about your child's grade, now is the time to ask! Please contact your child's teacher early so that we can help him or her pass their classes.
Next week is Homecoming at Central Davidson! All students will receive information in first period on Thursday morning. This handout will have descriptions for all events and dress up days for next week.
On Saturday, October 1, the Davidson County Educational Foundation will host a 5K on the campus of DCCC. All proceeds stay in Davidson County Schools and go towards leadership camps, scholarships, and classroom grants. More information can be found online at www.dcef.net.
Athletic Events for the Week:
Cross Country hosts a meet beginning at 5:00 pm on Tuesday.
JV Football is at home on Thursday vs. Ledford, beginning at 7 pm.
And our Varsity Football travels to Ledford Friday night at 7:30.
- Reminder: Text the message @cdhsinfo to the number 81010 to start receiving important announcements via your phone!
- Reminder: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @CDHSSPARTANS. Please review and follow our social media guidelines HERE.
Additional Information for Students and Parents
- Athletics: For information for athletes, including insurance, as well as a schedule of upcoming athletic events, visit the Central Davidson athletics website and click on the calendar. You may also register here and on the ScheduleStar websites to set up alerts and select the teams you want to follow.
- Attendance Policy: Please be aware that any absences over 8 can result in loss of credit since DCS no longer allows students to make up missed days.
- Grading Policy: CLICK HERE for detailed information about our district-wide grading policy.
- Free and reduced lunch forms are to be completed electronically at https://goo.gl/dgqRXJ, or print the form from the document section of the DCS school nutrition website at: http://www.davidson.k12.nc.us/departments/schoolnutrition/document_manager/. Paper applications will also be available in the CDHS main office. For further information, please see this brochure from the School Nutrition Department. Last year's benefits will carry over for a short time.
- Parking: Access information about student parking and fill out the online parking registration form HERE. Renewal is required every year.
- Parent Portal: Parents may keep up with their student's academic progress and attendance through PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Parents, you must come by the office during school hours to request a code that will give you access to this resource.
- Student Portal: Students can also keep track of their grades and attendance by logging into PowerSchool's Student Portal under the Parents/Students section of the webpage. Students can get login and password information from any of their classroom teachers.
- Seniors: A letter regarding information about the start of school was mailed home July 26; you can access that letter HERE. Also access the 2016-17 Graduation Handbook, with important senior dates for the 2016-17 school year, HERE.
- Writing Help for Students: Our English department offers "Writing Workshops" multiple times each week for students to receive help on writing assignments and essays. Calendars are available in each English teacher's room, but you can also click HERE to view a Google document showing available spots (you must be logged into a DCS email account to view). Students should reserve a spot with the teacher ahead of time and bring a writing assignment to work on.
Yearbooks are still on sale for a slightly reduced rate of $75 through jostens.com. Be sure to purchase these early before we sell out. The price will go up to $80 after December