Welcome to the digital hub for all things Central Davidson High School! Central Davidson is a school steeped in rich tradition, and our goal is to have this site reflect those traditions. However, we are also a school moving forward to offer a strong 21st Century education for each of our students. It is our goal to have our website provide students, parents, staff, and community members with information and tools to promote growth for the school community as we strive to graduate all students college, career and life ready!
News Updates and Quick Information
Access Spring 2016 Exam Documents Below
Students, access the daily announcements HERE.
Students received information on Monday, May 23 regarding summer school. We will have summer school all summer for non-EOC courses, and in June only for EOC courses. If your child has failed any of these courses and would like to take them this summer, please complete the application and return to our main office.
Access Honors/AP English summer assignments here
As we wrap up this year, students need to serve all detentions and pay off all lunch charges. Seniors will not be given tickets to graduation until after all fees are paid and detentions are served. Detentions for underclassman will roll over to next year.
Beginning this week, students are no longer allowed to charge in the cafeteria. Be sure your child comes to school with their lunch or lunch money each day.
This week we have several events. On Tuesday and Thursday evenings we will host our end of year band concerts, and our athletic banquet is on Wednesday. Tickets should have been purchased last week for the athletic banquet.
Parents, we have posted our exam schedule online and discussed it with students extensively. Since each child has a unique exam schedule, we rely heavily on the student to bring this information home. At this time of the year our teachers are reviewing in class, so now more than ever attendance is critical. Please encourage your child to stay focused and finish the year strong!
This will be our last Monday Message for the school year. Continue to check our website for important information.
Reminder: Text the message @cdhsinfo to the number 81010 to start receiving important announcements via your phone!
Reminder: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @CDHSSPARTANS. Please review and follow our social media guidelines HERE.
Additional Information for Students and Parents
- Athletics: For information for athletes, including insurance, as well as a schedule of upcoming athletic events, visit the Central Davidson athletics website and click on the calendar. You may also register here and on the ScheduleStar websites to set up alerts and select the teams you want to follow.
- Attendance Policy: Please be aware that any absences over 8 can result in loss of credit since DCS no longer allows students to make up missed days.
- Grading Policy: CLICK HERE for detailed information about our district-wide grading policy.
- Parent Portal: Parents may keep up with their student's academic progress and attendance through PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Parents, you must come by the office during school hours to request a code that will give you access to this resource.
- Spartan Summer Basketball Camp: We will be holding a Spartan Summer Basketball Camp for rising
first - ninth graders June 13th - 15th from 9 am - 12 pm each day. The
location is the CDHS gym and the cost is $65. Click HERE for
more information and a printable registration form. You may also
contact Brian Hege at 357-2920 or 408-1634 for more information or to
- Student Portal: Students can also keep track of their grades and attendance by logging into PowerSchool's Student Portal under the Parents/Students section of the webpage. Students should have received their login and password information from their first period teachers; students who do not have a first period class can get this information from any of their classroom teachers.
- Writing Help for Students: Our English department offers "Writing Workshops" multiple times each week for students to receive help on writing assignments and essays. Calendars are available in each English teacher's room, but you can also click HERE to view a Google document showing available spots (you must be logged into a DCS email account to view). Students should reserve a spot with the teacher ahead of time and bring a writing assignment to work on.