Welcome to the digital hub for all things Central Davidson High School! Central Davidson is a school steeped in rich tradition, and our goal is to have this site reflect those traditions. However, we are also a school moving forward to offer a strong 21st Century education for each of our students. It is our goal to have our website provide students, parents, staff, and community members with information and tools to promote growth for the school community as we strive to graduate all students college, career and life ready!
News Updates and Quick Information
Click the icon below to hear our latest weekly announcement.
Students, to watch the daily announcements, click HERE.
Read the 2016-17 Student Handbook
- Our Student Government is sponsoring a Spirit Week for our winter sports this week! Here are the daily themes:
- Monday: "Twas the Night Before Christmas." Wear your favorite holiday PJs!
- Tuesday: "A Christmas Story...or Song." Dress as your favorite character from a Christmas movie or song.
- Wednesday: "Santa's Workshop." Seniors dress up as Santa, Juniors as Elves, Sophomores as reindeer, and Freshmen as presents and toys.
- Thursday: "Deck the Halls." Dress as a holiday decoration (tree, wreaths, ornaments, etc.)
- Friday: "It's about to get ugly." Wear your ugly Christmas sweater!
- Mr. Tongel will notify selected seniors who will participate in WorkKeys testing this week and next. WorkKeys is an industry-based test that leads to certification which students can use on their resumes as they apply for jobs.
- On Wednesday, all students in all classes should receive progress reports. Parents, if you have any concerns with your child's progress, please contact your child's teacher.
- Next Monday, December 12, our National Honor Society inductions will take place at Bethany United Methodist at 6 pm.
- Please check our athletic website cdathletics.org for our weekly athletics schedule.
- Reminder: Text the message @cdhsinfo to the number 81010 to start receiving important announcements via your phone!
- Reminder: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @CDHSSPARTANS. Please review and follow our social media guidelines HERE.
Additional Information for Students and Parents
- Athletics: For information for athletes, including insurance, as well as a schedule of upcoming athletic events, visit the Central Davidson athletics website and click on the calendar. You may also register here and on the ScheduleStar websites to set up alerts and select the teams you want to follow.
- Attendance Policy: Please be aware that any absences over 8 can result in loss of credit since DCS no longer allows students to make up missed days.
- Early graduates are reminded that there is an opportunity to attend a special graduation for just early grads in February. If you or your graduate would prefer this option, please let Mrs. Tarplee know when you turn in your early graduate information.
- Grading Policy: CLICK HERE for detailed information about our district-wide grading policy.
by Demonstrated Mastery is a state policy which allows high school
students performing at an advanced level to earn course credit through a
two phase process. Any student or parent who is interested in learning
about this process can pick up a brochure and application in our main
office. All applications are due by December 2nd.
- Free and reduced lunch forms are to be completed electronically at https://goo.gl/dgqRXJ, or print the form from the document section of the DCS school nutrition website at: http://www.davidson.k12.nc.us/departments/schoolnutrition/document_manager/. Paper applications will also be available in the CDHS main office. For further information, please see this brochure from the School Nutrition Department. Last year's benefits will carry over for a short time.
- Parking: Access information about student parking and fill out the online parking registration form HERE. Renewal is required every year.
- Parent Portal: Parents may keep up with their student's academic progress and attendance through PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Parents, you must come by the office during school hours to request a code that will give you access to this resource.
- The yearbook staff is hoping to feature pictures of Central Davidson alumni in this year's 60th edition of The Spartan. Anyone who has pictures of their time at Central from 1957 and on is invited to submit a copy of their pictures via the ReplayIt app or emailing a copy of to Mrs. Blackwood.
- Student Portal: Students can also keep track of their grades and attendance by logging into PowerSchool's Student Portal under the Parents/Students section of the webpage. Students can get login and password information from any of their classroom teachers.
- Seniors: Access the 2016-17 Graduation Handbook, with important senior dates for the 2016-17 school year, HERE.
- Writing Help for Students: Our English department offers "Writing Workshops" multiple times each week for students to receive help on writing assignments and essays. Calendars are available in each English teacher's room, but you can also click HERE to view a Google document showing available spots (you must be logged into a DCS email account to view). Students should reserve a spot with the teacher ahead of time and bring a writing assignment to work on.
Yearbooks are still on sale for a slightly reduced rate of $75 through jostens.com. Be sure to purchase these early before we sell out. The price will go up to $80 after December