Here are your weekly updates from Central Davidson High School.
- Parents of rising juniors and seniors - we know many of you have questions about your child taking DCCC classes while they are in high school. The first step for these classes is to check and see if students qualify based on grades and test scores. After that step, our college reps are really the best individuals to advise on college classes! We will have reps here on Wednesday, Feb 2; Friday, Feb 23; Wednesday, March 14; Friday, March 16; and Monday, March 19. Please contact our main office to sign up for a thirty minute meeting with these reps.
- Our student athletes are currently taking orders for Pepsi products. All orders need to be turned in by Friday, Feb 23. If you are interested in supporting CDHS Athletics by purchasing a case of Pepsi products, please see an athlete soon!
- All juniors will be taking the statewide session of the ACT next Tuesday, February 27. Students who take their time and work during the entire testing session will be allowed to leave, given they have transportation, after the test. If you do not wish for your child to leave after the test, please inform the school prior to next Tuesday.
- With recent events, many have been asking the school what else can be done to ensure our safety. Our biggest strength at CDHS for prevention is the fact that our students and parents inform the school when there are things to be concerned about. Parents, continue to check your child's phone and social media accounts, and notify the school immediately should you ever have concerns. Our office is staffed 7 am to 4 pm, and we can be reached via email after hours.
Evening activities for this week include:
- Spring Athletic Meeting for all spring athletes and parents is this evening at 6:15 in the school's commons area.
- Athletic Foundation will meet tonight at 7 pm at Central Davidson Middle School, in the media center.
- Our Winter Athletic Banquet is on Wednesday at 6 pm. Students should have picked up and purchased tickets last week during their lunches.
- Our Band will have their Pre-MPA concert this Thursday. Symphonic Band will play at 7 pm, and Wind Ensemble takes the stage at 8 pm. Both of these concerts are at the middle school.