This is Mr. Coloton with an update from CDHS.
- We are excited to welcome back students next week to school. Please remember we will only have A day students Monday and Tuesday September 14 and 15, and B day students Thursday and Friday September 17 and 18. A day students are students with last names A – J, and B day students are students with last name K – Z. Please note that another paper screening form will have to be done for all students Monday and Thursday. We will place several in the bin at the front entrance, or it can be found on our website and printed off. Each day all students will require a temperature check.
- Registration is open for the next Driver Education Class. This is an online class only:
**Dates: Sept. 28 - Oct. 19
**Time: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
** Must have been born on or before March 28, 2006 to register.**
**Cost: $65. This fee must be paid prior to the first day of class or you will not be admitted to the class.
To register, go to the Drivers Ed webpage under the parent/student tab on the CDHS website.
- Students who are remote learning at 100% are able to have 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches picked up by a parent via drive-throughs at the following sites: North Davidson Middle, Oak Grove Middle, Ledford Middle, East Davidson High, South Davidson High, Tyro Middle, and Central Davidson High. Meals can be picked up at these locations between 11:00am and 12:00pm on Wednesdays, starting September 16th. Meals will need to be ordered, weekly, via the Google Form link on the school website, the district website, or shared over social media. The first must be submitted Thursday, September 10th by 11:59pm. Meals will consist of shelf-stable, refrigerated, and frozen items, along with a menu and a set of heating instructions.
- Attendance will be taken for each day of the school year. Students will be counted present when there is evidence of clear two-way communication with their teachers and/or they have completed their assignments for that day. Students have until midnight to turn in their assignments for that day. Teachers will reconcile attendance for the previous day the following morning. Parents will receive absence calls when students are marked absent the day after the actual absence. This has begun today and yesterday’s attendance may change based on teacher working out those particular details.
- Students working remotely will be marked either “Present Off-Site” or Absent. Teachers will be looking for the following evidences to mark students present:
• If a student has a daily check-in or two-way communication with the teacher
• If a student completes his/her online or offline assignment(s)
If there is evidence of clear, two-way communication and engagement for that day, the student will be marked as “Present Off-Site.” If there is NO evidence of communication or engagement for that day, the student will be coded as having an “Unexcused Absence” (2A). Students are expected to log in online lessons (Zoom, Google Meet) and work in the LMS (Canvas) daily for each period.