Athletic Director's Message
I would like to welcome you all to Spartan Country! As a staff, we are looking forward to this upcoming season and setting a strong standard that establishes the Central Davidson family. Communication from our coaches to you will be important in the operations of athletics here at Central Davidson High School.
Communication you should expect from your child’s coach:
- Philosophy of the coach
- Location and times of practices and games
- Team requirements
- Injury procedure
- Team discipline and behavior
Communication coaches expect from parents:
- Health issues the child may have
- Family emergencies that arise, preventing a child to attend practice
- Notification of any schedule conflicts in advance
- Positive encouragement at games, home and away
- Support the team any way possible
As your child becomes involved in the athletic programs at Central Davidson High School, they will experience many rewarding moments. It is important that your child understands that their role is important to the team, whatever that role maybe.
Coaches are professionals. They make judgments based on what they believe to be best for all athletes involved. Team operations will be left to the discretion of the coach.
There are situations that may require a conference between the coach and parent. It is important that both parties involved have a clear understanding of the situation. The following procedures should be followed to help promote resolution:
- Please do not attempt to confront a coach before or after a game, this time can be emotional for all
- Email or call the coach at school to set up an appointment
- If the meeting with the coach did not provide satisfactory resolutions, then contacting the Athletic Director is the next step
Again, I look forward to working with you and your children in helping them grow into great citizens in this great community. Shields up!