Valerie Feezor, Principal
As a longtime Spartan (student, teacher and now Principal), I am invested in this school and seeing it become the top performing school in the area. During our time together, we focused on improving our school culture by establishing trust and respect among the community and school. Together, we achieved the following over the past two years:
- Increased our graduation rate from 81.1% (14-15) to 85% (16-17)
- Met growth for the first time in three years!
- Increased our attendance rate
- Showed increased in all areas on according to the NC Teacher Working Conditions Survey
- Established school-wide expectations of Respect, Accountability, Community, and Excellence (RACE)
- Implemented a Spartan Academy for all ninth graders to focus on transitioning well in high school
As we enter our next phase of improvement, we want all students and faculty to implement respect, accountability, community, and excellence in order to become better teachers, better students, and better community members as a whole. We will work together to increase rigor in the classroom, improve our instructional practices, and hold students to high expectations by expecting nothing but excellence. Through our efforts, we hope to continue to increase our graduation rate and prepare students for the next step in their lives.
Should you ever need anything, I am always available to listen to your concerns. If you need me, please do not hesitate to call me at 336-357-2920 or email me at email@example.com
Valerie K Feezor