This is Mr. Coloton with an important message for seniors and senior families regarding graduation. Davidson County Schools and Central Davidson will do a virtual graduation to honor the class of 2020. Here is what it will entail.
- Students will be assigned an appointment slot in which the senior will come to school and receive their diploma. A spreadsheet with appointment times will be available on our website, through a Remind account, placed on social media, and an email will be sent by Ms. Lisa Paul to all seniors with the sheet attached. We are doing this in alphabetical order so that we can organize our show appropriately for our senior class and record each graduate in the order diplomas would be received. ***Updated schedule is available at THIS LINK. Click through the tabs to find your name & time.***
- We ask that you and your senior make plans to arrive 5 minutes early and be ready to receive your diploma at the scheduled time. We will do our absolute best to stay on schedule. Additionally we ask that seniors not switch their appointments and that if they absolutely cannot make the time, to please call the school directly. But again, please work with us as we build a wonderful and memorable experience for our graduates.
- Each senior can have up to 5 guests as witnesses to the ceremony. Please come to the back parking lot and wait for staff to direct you to a designated location. We will have the graduate and their guests enter the building through the commons doors, then proceed to the gym once it is their turn to receive the diploma. Guests will have chairs available at center court to watch your graduate walk across the stage. We respectfully request that face masks be worn as a safety measure for our staff members, but not required.
- Once the graduate has received their diploma, all guests will be directed to exit the gym out the side door nearest the bleachers.
- We want to emphasize to our graduates to follow the appropriate dress code when coming to school, to not mark up caps with writing, and to please have appropriate cords also worn. We hope to have a photographer on site to capture this moment for you and your graduate. Required clothing under gown is as follows:
A simple dress or skirt and blouse. Be sure the neckline and hemline will not be seen while wearing your gown. And solid dark dress shoes or dark sandals. The wedges or heels of the shoes don't have to be black. Shoes don't have to have a strap on the back. NO FLIP FLOPS!
A white collared shirt, dark dress pants (preferably black), and dark (preferably black) dress shoes. Button down shirts or golf shirts are acceptable. A red, black, and/or silver tie or bowtie is preferred (looks nice), but is not mandatory. Tan or khaki pants will NOT be allowed. NO SHORTS, JEANS, OR BOOTS.
- Once we have compiled our ceremony, we will play the recording Saturday June 13th at the normal graduation time of 9:00. Web address will be made available at a later date.
- Finally, one last point. Central Davidson will host a reverse parade honoring the Class of 2020. The parade will be Friday June 12th at 6:00. This will give our gradates one last opportunity to say goodbye and have the opportunity to see classmates from their vehicles. More details to follow, but please save the date for this event.