Welcome to the digital hub for all things Central Davidson High School! Central Davidson is a school steeped in rich tradition, and our goal is to have this site reflect those traditions. However, we are also a school moving forward to offer a strong 21st Century education for each of our students. It is our goal to have our website provide students, parents, staff, and community members with information and tools to promote growth for the school community as we strive to graduate all students college, career and life ready!
News Updates and Quick Information
Read the 2016-17 Student Handbook
Click the icon below to hear our latest weekly announcement (last update 5/15).
Students, to watch the daily announcements, click HERE.
- Weekly Update, Monday, May 22
- JROTC's Change of Command Ceremony will be held this Tuesday evening, at 6 pm in our gym.
- We invite everyone out to our end of year band concerts. Our Symphonic Band will host their end of year concert this Tuesday at CDMS at 7 pm, while Wind Ensemble's final concert will be Thursday at the Lexington Civic Center at 7 pm.
- On Wednesday evening, we will have our Spring Athletics Banquet in our Commons area at 6:30 pm. Anyone who is partaking in the meal must have a ticket. Tickets should have been purchased last week.
- Juniors will have a class meeting Thursday morning to receive information about senior pictures. Please keep this information in a safe place, as Lifetouch contacts students directly over the summer and not the school.
- Any senior participating in awards day will need to meet in the gym at 10:15 on Thursday, May 25. Parents and guests are invited to attend our Senior Awards Ceremony on Friday, May 26 at 9 am. We ask that visitors park in the back parking lot and come in after 8:15 by the gym. We will have a table to sign visitors in that morning.
- Seniors, if you are receiving a scholarship from any college or organization, or have signed to enlist in the military, please let Mrs. Tarplee know by this Wednesday. We want to be sure and recognize each senior for their accomplishments.
- And finally, this is the last week students will be able to charge lunch. After this Friday, students will not be allowed to borrow from the principal's account. This gives us time to collect all fees before the end of the year.
- Misc Reminders
- DCCC is hosting 3 "Terrific Tuesdays" for area high school students. These days are designed to be fun and engaging but also to lead students through exploration of college and career skills. For more information, see the Terrific Tuesdays Flyer.
- There are only 40 yearbooks remaining for this year. Yearbooks can be bought with cash/check in person at the school until we are sold out. Yearbooks are $85.60.
- Other Senior Reminders
of seniors, each senior has been given a copy of all important dates
for the remainder of this year. Please review these dates, as well as
required dress for graduation. If you need assistance obtaining the
required clothes, please contact the school now so that we can help.
ask all seniors to avoid planning any out of school activities that
would cause them to miss school June 5-9. That week will be our final
exams and graduation practice, all of which are required.
- Seniors are reminded that they must pay a $20 graduation fee. These fees are collected in our main office before and after school, as well as during breaks.
- Seniors, if you have received a scholarship, please let Mrs. Tarplee know. We would like to recognize you at our annual awards day on Friday May 26.
- Reminder: To keep informed about spring sports workouts, club information and other daily happenings at CDHS, please view the daily announcements from the link above. Information is also constantly being
added for scholarships and sports.
- Reminder: Please check our athletic website cdathletics.org for the most up to date athletic schedule.
- Reminder: Text the message @cdhsinfo to the number 81010 to receive important announcements via your phone!
- Reminder: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @CDHSSPARTANS. Please review and follow our social media guidelines HERE.
Additional Information for Students and Parents
- Athletics: For information for athletes, including insurance, as well as a schedule of upcoming athletic events, visit the Central Davidson athletics website and click on the calendar. You may also register here and on the ScheduleStar websites to set up alerts and select the teams you want to follow.
- Attendance Policy: Please be aware that any absences over 8 can result in loss of credit since DCS no longer allows students to make up missed days.
- Early graduates are reminded that there is an opportunity to attend a special graduation for just early grads in February. If you or your graduate would prefer this option, please let Mrs. Tarplee know when you turn in your early graduate information.
- Grading Policy: CLICK HERE for detailed information about our district-wide grading policy.
by Demonstrated Mastery is a state policy which allows high school
students performing at an advanced level to earn course credit through a
two phase process. Any student or parent who is interested in learning
about this process can pick up a brochure and application in our main
office. All applications are due by December 2nd.
- Free and reduced lunch forms are to be completed electronically at https://goo.gl/dgqRXJ, or print the form from the document section of the DCS school nutrition website at: http://www.davidson.k12.nc.us/departments/schoolnutrition/document_manager/. Paper applications will also be available in the CDHS main office. For further information, please see this brochure from the School Nutrition Department. Last year's benefits will carry over for a short time.
- Parking: Access information about student parking and fill out the online parking registration form HERE. Renewal is required every year.
- Parent Portal: Parents may keep up with their student's academic progress and attendance through PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Parents, you must come by the office during school hours to request a code that will give you access to this resource.
- Student Portal: Students can also keep track of their grades and attendance by logging into PowerSchool's Student Portal under the Parents/Students section of the webpage. Students can get login and password information from any of their classroom teachers.
- Seniors: Access the 2016-17 Graduation Handbook, with important senior dates for the 2016-17 school year, HERE.