Welcome to the digital hub for all things Central Davidson High School! Central Davidson is a school steeped in rich tradition, and our goal is to have this site reflect those traditions. However, we are also a school moving forward to offer a strong 21st Century education for each of our students. It is our goal to have our website provide students, parents, staff, and community members with information and tools to promote growth for the school community as we strive to graduate all students college, career and life ready!
News Updates and Quick Information
Read the 2016-17 Student Handbook
Click the icon below to hear our latest weekly announcement (last update 4/24).
Students, to watch the daily announcements, click HERE.
- Weekly Update, Monday, April 24
- Jostens will be at school during all lunches on Tuesday, April 25 to distribute caps and gowns and class rings. Any student who has ordered these items can pick them up during their lunch on Tuesday.
- On Thursday evening, our art department will host their annual art show from 5-6:30 pm. All parents and students are invited to come out and see the exhibit and take part in celebrating our students' talents.
- On Friday evening, our baseball team is sponsoring a Hit-A-Thon. Anyone interested in participating or donating to this cause can contact Mr. Stewart or any baseball player. For more information, visit https://goo.gl/3kfYlM.
- AP Exams begin next Monday, May 1 and run through Friday, May 12. All students received information last Friday. Students with a morning exam are reminded to report by 7:30, and those with an afternoon exam will need to report by 11:30.
- Seniors if you have received a scholarship, please let Mrs. Tarplee know. We would like to recognize you at our annual awards day on Friday May 26.
- Reminders from Previous Updates
of seniors, each senior has been given a copy of all important dates
for the remainder of this year. Please review these dates, as well as
required dress for graduation. If you need assistance obtaining the
required clothes, please contact the school now so that we can help.
ask all seniors to avoid planning any out of school activities that
would cause them to miss school June 5-9. That week will be our final
exams and graduation practice, all of which are required.
- Seniors are reminded that they must pay a $20 graduation fee. These fees are collected in our main office before and after school, as well as during breaks.
- If any rising junior or senior is interested in taking DCCC classes next year, they need to let Mr. Tongel know. Students must meet requirements in order to take DCCC courses. These requirements could include making certain scores on the Pre-ACT, PSAT, SAT or ACT. If a student does not yet have a qualifying score, they will have to take and pass the Accuplacer. Mr. Tongel can work with your student so that they can take the Accuplacer here at school.
Central Davidson Athletic Foundation will be hosting a golf tournament
Saturday, May 6. Proceeds benefit athletic programs at CDHS and CDMS.
Click HERE for more info and a copy of the registration form.
- Reminder: To keep informed about spring sports workouts, club information and other daily happenings at CDHS, please view the daily announcements from the link above. Information is also constantly being
added for scholarships and sports.
- Reminder: Please check our athletic website cdathletics.org for the most up to date athletic schedule.
- Reminder: Text the message @cdhsinfo to the number 81010 to receive important announcements via your phone!
- Reminder: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @CDHSSPARTANS. Please review and follow our social media guidelines HERE.
Additional Information for Students and Parents
- Athletics: For information for athletes, including insurance, as well as a schedule of upcoming athletic events, visit the Central Davidson athletics website and click on the calendar. You may also register here and on the ScheduleStar websites to set up alerts and select the teams you want to follow.
- Attendance Policy: Please be aware that any absences over 8 can result in loss of credit since DCS no longer allows students to make up missed days.
- Early graduates are reminded that there is an opportunity to attend a special graduation for just early grads in February. If you or your graduate would prefer this option, please let Mrs. Tarplee know when you turn in your early graduate information.
- Grading Policy: CLICK HERE for detailed information about our district-wide grading policy.
by Demonstrated Mastery is a state policy which allows high school
students performing at an advanced level to earn course credit through a
two phase process. Any student or parent who is interested in learning
about this process can pick up a brochure and application in our main
office. All applications are due by December 2nd.
- Free and reduced lunch forms are to be completed electronically at https://goo.gl/dgqRXJ, or print the form from the document section of the DCS school nutrition website at: http://www.davidson.k12.nc.us/departments/schoolnutrition/document_manager/. Paper applications will also be available in the CDHS main office. For further information, please see this brochure from the School Nutrition Department. Last year's benefits will carry over for a short time.
- Parking: Access information about student parking and fill out the online parking registration form HERE. Renewal is required every year.
- Parent Portal: Parents may keep up with their student's academic progress and attendance through PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Parents, you must come by the office during school hours to request a code that will give you access to this resource.
- Student Portal: Students can also keep track of their grades and attendance by logging into PowerSchool's Student Portal under the Parents/Students section of the webpage. Students can get login and password information from any of their classroom teachers.
- Seniors: Access the 2016-17 Graduation Handbook, with important senior dates for the 2016-17 school year, HERE.
Yearbooks may be purchased through jostens.com, as long as supplies last. The deadline to order a personalized yearbook is February 24! Yearbooks can still be ordered after this date, but no personalization options of any kind will be available. Total cost of an unpersonalized yearbook is $85.60. Adding a name is $5.35; icons are $3.21.
The yearbook staff is hoping to feature pictures of Central Davidson alumni in this year's 60th edition of The Spartan. Anyone who has pictures of their time at Central from 1957 and on is invited to submit a copy of their pictures via the ReplayIt app or emailing a copy of to Mrs. Blackwood.