Who Are We? We are SPARTANS!
In 1956, the Davidson County Board of Education approved a motion to consolidate Davis-Townsend, Southmont, Junior Order Home, and Linwood into one high school. A site near Mont Beck’s store on NC Highway 47 was selected. In 1957, the Board of Education named the new consolidated high school “Central High School.” That year there were 18 faculty members and 14 student clubs. In 1970, the Board of Education authorized the purchase of land for the new high school (our current building), and students began classes in the first phase of the building in 1973. Today, Central Davidson High School is the home to around 1,000 ninth through twelfth graders.